[E2] Stock elements in robot beacon mast

Discussions à propos des règles applicables en 2017 pour tous les concours EurobotOPEN et EurobotOPEN Junior
Discussions about 2017 Rules for all EurobotOPEN and EurobotOPEN Junior contests.
wix
PMI

[E2] Stock elements in robot beacon mast

Post by wix » Thu 11 May 2017, 21:15

It is stated that an element cannot be manipulated above the 350mm height limit and there is a consensus that in the robot mast you can only put sensors/and actuators that are used in the opponent detection (and not for manipulating objects).

It seems that a robot has been homologated in Serbia against that rules, as cylinder are entering the mast. Could you please take an official position on that point please ?

Qui fait le malin............... tombe dans le ravin
(Equipe Ard, suivez nous sur Twitter : )

kid

Re: [E2] Stock elements in robot beacon mast

Post by kid » Mon 15 May 2017, 12:31

I'm not an official referee so can't give an official version for this case but a can quote the rules to start to answer your question :
Rules page 20 wrote:Item #3: Mast to support the platform. Sensors and electronics may be placed around the
mast as long as they stay within the vertical projection of the platform
It's not clear in the English version that it's forbidden, but it's well defined in the French version, which is the official one :
Règlement page 22 wrote:3 : mât du support (pouvant accueillir des capteurs et éléments associés uniquement, à condition de
rester à l’intérieur de la projection verticale du support de balise)
EquipeImage
Plus ça rate, plus il y a de chances que ça réussisse

romain_cvra
PMI

Post by romain_cvra » Mon 15 May 2017, 16:28

How do you expect a team that does not speak French to be on an equal footing with a French speaking team when the official version of the rules is in French?!
In addition, the translation of the regulation into English is at best approximate!

All teams speak English but only half speak French!

In my opinion, it should be allowed to non-French speaking teams. ^^
Because it is not the fault of the teams.

I suggest that for the next few years, the regulations in English be the official rules, as was the case in recent years.
And knowledgeable very fluent or native English speakers proofread the rules.
Site web : http://www.cvra.ch.
Le code source : GitHub
Visualisation CAO 3D de nos robots : GrabCAD

kid

Post by kid » Mon 15 May 2017, 17:33

romain_cvra wrote:
Mon 15 May 2017, 16:28
In my opinion, it should be allowed to non-French speaking teams. ^^
Because it is not the fault of the teams.
In addition
Rules page 15 wrote:In any case the height of the main robot and the secondary robot must never exceed 350 mm. The
emergency button is allowed to exceed this limit but must stay below 375 mm in height.
For EurobotOpen this height excludes the beacon support, sensors and electronic circuits that can
be placed below the beacon support.
No components of the robot and game elements manipulated at any moment by the robot should
exceed 350 mm in height, in order not to disturb the beacons.
It's well explained in the english version of the rules that you can't exceed 350mm, even for game elements
EquipeImage
Plus ça rate, plus il y a de chances que ça réussisse

wix
PMI

Post by wix » Mon 15 May 2017, 22:56

I was pointing 2 rules. I can admit easily that the translation problem may be ignored, but the fact that an object can't go above 350mm is clear !

I won't say say that "half the team" doesn't speak french, because in number, I'd be surprised it's the case :wink: That said, I'd prefer to have the official version in english too as it would be more "open" to all people. It's seems there is a P.S. vs eurobot ...
Qui fait le malin............... tombe dans le ravin
(Equipe Ard, suivez nous sur Twitter : )