National rules for 2017 - the French case

The most famous international Robotics contest for young people.
goldorak

National rules for 2017 - the French case

Post by goldorak » Sun 04 Sep 2016, 14:38

Hallo,
I would like to ask a question which is a little bit politically incorect (sorry!) :
- the French organisators of Eurobot which also organise the French robotic cup (namelly the "Planete Sciences" organisation), took the decision to enforce more strictly the age limit of 30 years in 2017 for the all participants and also to impose it as well to the National (pre-Eurobot) qualifying contest. (until this year it was still possible for teams which do not satisfy this age limit to compete in the French National Cup, but they can not qualiffy to the Eurobot final even if they won the national contest)

So my question(s) :
- do other national comitees of Eurobot consider imposing the same kind of restrictions to their respective national contests?
- the French teams which cannot comply to this age rule and cannot participate to the French Cup, will they be able to compete in other European national cups (without having the possibility to qualify to the Eurobot final of course..), or will this kind of restriction be generalised in all the Eurobot countries?

Thanks beforehand for your answers!
Goldorak

Grinwald

Re: National rules for 2017 - the French case

Post by Grinwald » Sun 04 Sep 2016, 16:05

Hi,
For the Swiss contest we allow any ages and any countries.
But for now we didn't had the problem since all Swiss teams are eligible for Eurobot. The clubs have a good rotation of the members so it was always OK. (We don't have clubs with only 1 to 3 members)

We will see how many teams we can have for the next year, perhaps we will need to limit the number of foreign teams.

Since we don't have much teams in Switzerland (about 16) we are trying to increase this number. We even though about inviting companies to have a team so students and companies can be linked.

More info: http://swisseurobot.ch (For now, nothing about the year 2017)
If you want to be informed:
- Join the SwissEurobot newsletter by sending an email to news-join@swisseurobot.ch
- https://www.facebook.com/SwissEurobot/

Here are more information for the Swiss contest: http://swisseurobot.ch/contest-top-menu ... nformation

Other countries are not much on the forum, but I think they would be happy to have more teams, check:
http://eurobot.org/eurobot/eurobot-2016 ... l-contests

goldorak

Post by goldorak » Sun 04 Sep 2016, 16:53

OK, thank you for the answer Grinwald!
But just to be sure :
- so the non-eligibility of a French team to the French Robotic Cup (due to the age limit), does not preclude its registration to the Swiss Robotic Cup (or the Belgian, or the Spanish, or the Romanian, or the Serbian etc..), is this OK?

Grinwald

Post by Grinwald » Sun 04 Sep 2016, 17:01

For the Swiss Contest it's OK. I think that it's OK for the other countries but I can't guarantee. We have the general assembly for Eurobot this Wednesday, I can ask.
goldorak wrote: - so the non-eligibility of a French team to the French Robotic Cup (due to the age limit), does not preclude its registration to the Swiss Robotic Cup (or the Belgian, or the Spanish, or the Romanian, or the Serbian etc..), is this OK?

goldorak

Post by goldorak » Fri 09 Sep 2016, 11:28

Hello Grinwald,
Have you some news after the general assembly of Eurobot about the participation of "veteran" French teams in other national robotic contests?
Grinwald wrote:For the Swiss Contest it's OK. I think that it's OK for the other countries but I can't guarantee. We have the general assembly for Eurobot this Wednesday, I can ask.
goldorak wrote: - so the non-eligibility of a French team to the French Robotic Cup (due to the age limit), does not preclude its registration to the Swiss Robotic Cup (or the Belgian, or the Spanish, or the Romanian, or the Serbian etc..), is this OK?

Grinwald

Post by Grinwald » Fri 09 Sep 2016, 13:38

Not so much since there weren't a lot of country present.
After the rules are published I can directly ask all countries and make a list.

goldorak wrote:Hello Grinwald,
Have you some news after the general assembly of Eurobot about the participation of "veteran" French teams in other national robotic contests?

goldorak

Post by goldorak » Fri 09 Sep 2016, 13:54

Please do it!
Thank you very much!

PS : and also strictly speaking only in my own name, I'm aware that having to host a bigger number of foreign teams in ones national contest must represent a considerable burden for the respective national comitee and maybe some countries will be reluctant to accept more foreign teams... So, again only speaking in my own name, in exchange for this possibility to participate as a foreign guest to the contest, I am ready to help with the organising of the event or even finnancially (if donations are accepted..)
Grinwald wrote:Not so much since there weren't a lot of country present.
After the rules are published I can directly ask all countries and make a list.

goldorak wrote:Hello Grinwald,