Planete Sciences

forums de Planete Sciences
It is currently Fri 18 Apr 2014, 05:33

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep 2011, 14:29 

Dear participants

The rules of Eurobot are ready now, but only in French.
Of course rules are to be disclosed at the same time in all countries.
That's why they will be released at last in 2 weeks, hopefully before (they are translated by a team of volunteers, doing their best).

In between, we can give you some material to feed your appetite :-)
*) Presentation of the theme, the playing field, the actions and constraints, the scoring;
*) Schemes and other technical information regarding the playing field and the playing elements.

Do not hesitate to ask us questions; we will do our best to answer them, in the limits of what can be disclosed for the moment.

We hope you will enjoy this new edition!

Véronique

Attachments:
File comment: Eurobot 2012 rules - Appendix
Rules_Eurobot_2012_EN_V9_Appendix.pdf [5.69 MiB]
Downloaded 4462 times
File comment: Presentation of Eurobot 2012 rules
Eurobot_Presentation_English V3.ppt [2.84 MiB]
Downloaded 3664 times

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep 2011, 20:43 
PMI

Thank you very much !

I don't understand the notes in slide 16 :

Quote:
Regarding Lithium Polymer batteries, we faced some incidents last year on the French Cup.

Taking into account the potential danger of this kind of batteries, we are to inform us, with the advice of a fire inspector, on the conditions of safe use in a closed environment for such batteries.

So far, this type of batteries will be banned from the French Cup until the French organizers have taken a final decision on them.
Concerning Eurobot, the decision may be the same depending on the decision of the host of the finale.

What kind of incidents did you faced last year on the French Cup ? They were banned, weren't they ?

I thought French organizers had already taken a final decision, did they change their mind and is there yet another risk of changement this year too ?

When is scheduled the decision of the host of the finale (Belgium) ?

Best regards, Julien.

PostPosted: Mon 26 Sep 2011, 18:33 

Hello

On the slide 16, i only see a picture of a batterie.

Doesn't I have the right file ?

Could you paste the adresse where you've seen it ?

Thanks in advance.

Eric.

PostPosted: Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:39 
PMI

Nano wrote:
Hello
On the slide 16, i only see a picture of a batterie.

This is in the notes of the presentation. You probably have to go in one of the menus of powerpoint/openoffice/whatever you are using/ to make them appear.

I sincerely hope these are outdated notes from last year.

If the decision about the LiPo was still to be taken after last year's mess, that would be ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue 27 Sep 2011, 22:57 

Simon wrote:
This is in the notes of the presentation. You probably have to go in one of the menus of powerpoint/openoffice/whatever you are using/ to make them appear.

Thank you Simon, I founded it.

Quote:
So far, this type of batteries will be banned from the French Cup until the French organizers have taken a final decision on them.
Concerning Eurobot, the decision may be the same depending on the decision of the host of the finale.

When they talk about Eurobot, they talk about European Cup , right ?
It means that rule about this kind of batteries could be different for French Cup and for European Cup ???

Luj wrote:
When is scheduled the decision of the host of the finale (Belgium) ?

Hello Luj,
Do you talk about Belgium Cup or you say that that European Cup will take place in Belgium ???

All this make me ask : is it possible that the rule about this kind of batteries could be different for different countries ???

Lost in batteries rules,
Eric.

PostPosted: Thu 29 Sep 2011, 18:49 

Do you know if the random positions are only for the black coins? or to the gold bar too?

What happens if black coins are inserted in the ship?

thanks in advance

PostPosted: Thu 29 Sep 2011, 19:36 

EuRobotics wrote:
Do you know if the random positions are only for the black coins? or to the gold bar too?

IIRC, all coin positions are fixed, and the only random part is which ones will be replaced by black ones. However, some positions will never have black coins, like the one in the see close to the starting areas. To be confirmed.

EuRobotics wrote:
What happens if black coins are inserted in the ship?

It's said on slide 10 that they just don't give points: "Scoring: 3 coins/bullions - 1 coin/white coin - 0 coin/black coin."
My guess is that the only case where it's really annoying is if you put black coins in the capt'ain's bedroom: you "saved" 0 coin instead of saving 1...

PostPosted: Thu 29 Sep 2011, 23:06 

which is our ship? the one beside the start zone or the one that is on the other half side of the playing field?

PostPosted: Fri 30 Sep 2011, 14:04 

EuRobotics wrote:
which is our ship? the one beside the start zone or the one that is on the other half side of the playing field?

Hello

I think it's on the side of your starting zone, because you can bring 4 coins and 1 bullion to your starting zone for save.

br
Michael

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2011, 14:25 

Hi everybody,
i have questions about the rules.
1. in the Slide i saw second robot.shall we build second robot?or each team must have 2 robots?
2.in the other slide Li-Po is forbidden.is it just for french-cup or for all countries?
3.in the slide "discover the map", in junior rules there is barrier but in eurobot rules there is no barrier.make it difference? at the beginning of the slide,eurobot junior rules are the same eurobot rules.in the eurobot rules are not the same rules.what make it sense?
thank u

RobOtter Club Hamburg-Germany
Cagri Erdogan
http://www.rchh.org

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2011, 18:40 

robotter wrote:
1. in the Slide i saw second robot.shall we build second robot?or each team must have 2 robots?

You can build a second robot if you want. It is not mandatory to build one.

robotter wrote:
2.in the other slide Li-Po is forbidden.is it just for french-cup or for all countries?

It is not sure yet, but maybe the LiPo will be forbidden in the European cup too.

"So far, this type of batteries will be banned from the French Cup until the French organizers have taken a final decision on them.
Concerning Eurobot, the decision may be the same depending on the decision of the host of the finale."

PostPosted: Thu 06 Oct 2011, 00:21 

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Last edited by fahdovski on Thu 13 Oct 2011, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 10 Oct 2011, 00:46 

Hello
On september 25th, I said the rules were to be released in 2 weeks, and the 2 weeks are today.
Though, if the rules are translated, they are actually under a process of proofreading (to be be sure there is no mistake / misinterpretation linked to the translation process).
So we ask you to be patient a little longer (hopefully, a couple of days only).
Sincerely
Véronique

PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct 2011, 17:13 

Hey

I dont understand the part about the Treasury map on slide 8. There is a cover (piece of fabric) fixed with velcro, ok. But what should I do with the piece of fabric? Take it with me or blow it to the other side of the board?

Thank you for your answer.

PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct 2011, 19:52 

The information we got during the presentation of the rules is that the robot has to keep the piece of fabric inside, and not let it on the playing field.