Center Point of the robot

Discussions à propos des règles applicables en 2019 pour tous les concours EurobotOPEN et EurobotOPEN Junior
Discussions about 2019 Rules for all EurobotOPEN and EurobotOPEN Junior contests.
eurobotier

Center Point of the robot

Post by eurobotier » Tue 04 Dec 2018, 09:27

Hi there

I was wondering how the centerpoint of the robot is defined.
There is this paragraph on F.4. (page 21) 'Embedded/ on-board bacon support system':
the on-board beacon support must have a vertical projection and be located as centrally as possible with
a circle of 20 cm diameter around the center of the robot;
To me it seems most reasonable to define the center of the robot with the midpoint of the robots axis.
This with the fact in mind, that this also happens to be its center of rotation.

What's the take of the referees on this topic?

Thank you for your answer

En français (deepL):

Salut, salut

Je me demandais comment le point central du robot est défini.
Il y a ce paragraphe sur F.4. (page 21) "Système de support de bacon embarqué/embarqué" :

Le support de balise de détresse embarqué doit avoir une projection verticale et être situé le plus au centre possible avec
un cercle de 20 cm de diamètre autour du centre du robot ;[/citation].

Il me semble très raisonnable de définir le centre du robot avec le milieu de l'axe du robot.
Ceci en gardant à l'esprit que c'est aussi son centre de rotation.

Quel est le point de vue des arbitres à ce sujet ?

Merci pour votre réponse

Traduit avec www.DeepL.com/Translator

Riako

Re: Center Point of the robot

Post by Riako » Wed 05 Dec 2018, 10:40

Hi eurobotier
eurobotier wrote:
Tue 04 Dec 2018, 09:27
To me it seems most reasonable to define the center of the robot with the midpoint of the robots axis.
This with the fact in mind, that this also happens to be its center of rotation.
Just to say that, for 2 wheeled robots, the wheels' axis of a robot is not always in the centre of it, some have their motorized wheels close to the edge and so their rotation centre (moreover, as it is one of the solutions to access the ramp, we may view this architecture more often this year).
I think it is more relevant to put a beacon on the geometric centre of a robot, because without knowing its shape it is easier for avoidance moves than to put it on an edge (especially when the robot deploys actuators on the other side).

Refereeing referent
PMI

Re: Center Point of the robot

Post by Refereeing referent » Wed 12 Dec 2018, 22:03

eurobotier wrote:
Tue 04 Dec 2018, 09:27
the on-board beacon support must have a vertical projection and be located as centrally as possible with
a circle of 20 cm diameter around the center of the robot;
Hello,

By "as centrally as possible" we refer the center as the center of the smallest circumscribing circle containing all your robot. But it depends of your shape of course.
Référent de la commission arbitrage Eurobot / Bénévole Planète Sciences
Eurobot Refereeing Committee Referent / Planete Sciences volunteer